We know you couldn’t get enough of our last Battle of the Backpacks Review, so we’re back again to bring you round 2! Why review one bag when we have so many styles, options, colors, and brands available here at Urban Adventurer?! I love all types of messenger bags, briefcases, and travel bags, but there’s nothing like a good ole backpack to keep your essentials secure and your hands free. I know we’re all busy, so let’s get to it and see what some of our favorite brands have in store!
First up is the Kelty Vintage Backpack. Sporting a vintage design with modern features, this bag was my favorite from the start. Although not quite as large as the other two backpacks, this pack stood out to me for its simplicity in design and durable, yet lightweight material.
- Pack includes one large main pocket and one smaller front-side pocket
- Large interior organizing pockets and padded laptop sleeve in main compartment make it easy to separate smaller and larger items
- Heavily-padded shoulder straps make it ideal for any hike or outdoor activity
- Waist buckles make it more secure for climbing and hiking.
The only problem I had with the backpack is the size, but that all depends on what your using it for! Going on a day hike? The Kelty Captain is what you’re looking for, but if that turns into a week-long camping trip you might want something a little bigger to carry your gear. Lets go see what our other two contenders have in store! Next up is the Burton Tinder Pack.
The Burton Tinder Pack is a lot like the Captain, particularly in its hybrid mix of old school style and modern features. Much bigger than the Kelty, the Tinder Pack is definietly made to be outside. With enough room to fit all your gear, this bag’s a perfect casual, comfortable bag.
- Large main compartment and front flap over style give original design and old school feel
- Rucksack style drawstring on top ensure your gear stays inside
- No organizational pockets make it hard to separate large and small items
- Secret padded laptop sleeve to the side of the bag is awesome
I loved the Tinder pack for its style and feel, but in terms of practicality it’s hard to organize your items. If you’re a grab what you got and hit the road kind of person, this bag is the one for you. If you like to place everything in a neat, structured manner, than the Jansport Boost backpack might be right up your alley.
Steering away from the vintage revolution of the 2010′s, the Jansport Boost Backpack gives what you need and doesn’t beat around the bush. Loaded with modern features and pockets upon pockets, the Jansport Boost rocks, and here’s why:
- Not 1, not 2, but 3 huge main pockets, not to mention the padded laptop sleeve that’s big enough to hold a 17″ Macbook.
- Front pocket loaded with organizational compartments for pens, cell phones and other tech accessories.
- Extra bottom pocket perfect for last minute items and small sunglasses pocket on top is just super clutch.
- Mesh side pockets easy for storing water bottles and other small items.
While this bag not may not be as trendy or stylish as the previous two, the Jansport Boost is all about functionality and space, I mean its freakin’ huge! It held everything I had with room to spare, making it perfect for almost any activity imaginable!